(c) Steven Pottle 2007

Wednesday 27 February 2008

“The Sky At Night”

When the moon is high and it's allowed to shine bright
The highway of the stars are silver in their light
The sky is sometimes clear considering this is rainy Norfolk
But mostly there is just too much light pollution
And so you never get to see the wishes that dart across the night
Which means that we’ll never get to see the big one that’s heading our way…

Inside my house I am hidden in dimmer switches-
I feel that I am cocooned
I know that under a 100 watt you can see the whole of the room
And so I am exposed to what ever wants to get me

So I retire this sofa to go upstairs
I know that love is up there already safe in sleep
"Please cradle me baby in arms and palms"
As good love finally finds these streets calm
And another lullaby says goodbye to the stars in the sky at night.





© 2007 Steven Pottle

No comments:

"The Beginning...Or The End?"

"The Beginning...Or The End?"
(c) Steven Pottle 2007