(c) Steven Pottle 2007

Saturday 25 August 2007

"Souldier"

All is silent on the front line
All is static on the wasteland
Not a movement on the horizon
I can relax for a moment before the next one falls

With a heart dying to breathe in complete misery
I will try to nurse it back to it's normal condition-
Which is wishing to be happy and calm in its beating
I will try to help you before the night time falls

The dark and black will attempt to take us all
Seeping into your dreams and new experiences
But that is ok as all endings lead to new beginnings

So I tread across the barbwire that lay on their heads
I snip little gaps that let in fresh air to the forehead
My filthy hands with muddy nails try to release the pain
I talk as I walk as I want to lead by example

We have dug our holes in preparation for the worse
And as the sound of bombs fall-
Listen to my words as I am louder
We must cradle the ones that remain safe and warm…

All is peaceful again
We believe again
I have done my duty so I move on again
I can relax for a moment before the next one falls.




© 2007 Steven Pottle

No comments:

"The Beginning...Or The End?"

"The Beginning...Or The End?"
(c) Steven Pottle 2007